Please sign our ...
Manifesto for improving energy efficiency in schools
By signing this Manifesto, we make a commitment to increasing energy
effciency in our local communities and regions.
With the present Manifesto we recognize that:
- improving energy saving and energy effciency is one of the quickest, greenest, and most costeffective ways to address energy security, global energy justness and climate protection, and ensure
sustainable economic growth in the long run;
- measures to increase energy effciency and use of renewable energy sources allow a reduction
in environmental pollution;
- it is important and valuable to exchange and share information, experience and best practices which
are the most effective means for promoting energy effciency and renewable energy sources;
- schools need to play an important role in accelerating the dissemination and transfer of best
practices and effcient technologies, which will contribute to the improvement of energy effciency locally and worldwide;
- educating and making individuals and stakeholders of local communities more aware about energy
effciency is a priority and must be reinforced.
The aim of this Manifesto is to facilitate and encourage actions that provide high energy effciency
gains. The undersigned schools choose to take action in the areas of their interest on a voluntary basis.
The scope of the current Manifesto encompasses activities in the following areas:
- engaging students through curriculum programs so as to explore energy issues and make
changes to their own behaviour in the school;
- development of methodologies for energy measurement and other tools to achieve optimal energy
effciency control and performance;
- developing a school-wide energy-effciency policy;
- promptly exchanging measures, best practices and technologies that could signiﬁcantly improve
energy effciency in schools and in local communities;
- supporting governments and local authorities to promote energy effciency and renewable energy
In conclusion, we acknowledge that energy effciency and renewable energy sources are important
basis for sustainable development because they contribute to environment and climate protection,
to local job creation and economic growth, to security of energy supply, to independence
from energy price ﬂuctuations as well as social cohesion and innovation.
STAMP, DATE AND SIGNATURE
Please, make your adhesion to the manifesto public! Visit our homepage www.egs-project.eu/ and add your school/organization to the list of signers!
The sole responsibility for the content of this webpage lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union. Neither the EACI nor the European Commission are responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.
Prof. Giorgio Pizzolato - Projektkoordinator, E-Mail: email@example.com
Dr. Marco Devetta
- Projektmanager, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liceo Scientifico Statale "N. Tron", Schio, Vicenza – Italy,
Umweltbüro Nord e.V. (Environmental Office North, registered association), Tilman Langner, E-Mail: email@example.com
More related information in English:
More related information in German: